privacy is very important. Accordingly, I have developed this policy in order
for you to understand how I collect, use, communicate and make use of personal
privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your
personal data through your use of my website https://marleneroseshaw.com
providing me with your data, you warrant to me that you are over 13 years of
Rose Shaw is the data
controller and is responsible for your personal data (referred to as “I”, “me”
or “my” in this privacy notice).
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Lagos, Algarve, Portugal
very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to
date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by
emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND I PROCESS IT
data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not
include anonymised data.
process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to me whether that be through the contact form on the website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send me. I process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to me, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and card details. I process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. My lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and I and/or taking steps at my request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use my website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on my website or through other online services. I process this data to operate my website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of my website, to maintain back- ups of my Website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of my Website, other online services and business. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my Website and my business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of my Website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on my Website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use my Website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my Website. The source of this data is from my analytics tracking system. I process this data to analyse your use of my Website and other online services, to administer and protect my business and Website, to deliver relevant Website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of my advertising. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my Website and my business and to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from me and my third parties and your communication preferences. I process this data to enable you to partake in my promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant Website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use my products/services, to develop them, to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
I may use
Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant
Website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other
display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the
advertising I serve you. My lawful ground for this processing is legitimate
interests which is to grow my business. I may also use such data to send other
marketing communications to you. My lawful ground for this processing is either
consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow my business).
I do not
collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that
includes details about your race or ethnicity, religion or philosophical
beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union
membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. I do
not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the
contract between me and you do not provide me with that data when requested, I
may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or
services to you). If you don’t provide me with the requested data, I may have
to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if I do, I will notify you
at the time.
only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably
compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email me
at email@example.com. In case I need to use your details for an
unrelated new purpose I will let you know and explain the legal grounds for
process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is
required or permitted by law.
I do not
carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google
based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the
EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU,
providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or
ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is
either your consent or my legitimate interests (namely to grow my business).
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, I may send you marketing
communications from me if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from
me about my goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing
communications and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such
communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, I
may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt
out of receiving marketing emails from me at any time.
share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes,
I will get your express consent. However please note I do not and never have
shared my email list with third parties.
ask me or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by
following the opt-out links at the bottom of any marketing message sent to you
OR by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org at
opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to
personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases,
warranty registrations etc.
OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Professional advisers
including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Service providers who provide
IT and system administration services
all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your
personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such
third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in
accordance with my instructions.
outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same
levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited
transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain
Many of my
third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data
outside the EEA.
transfer your personal data out of the EEA, I do my best to ensure a similar
degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards
is in place:
- I will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where I use certain service providers, I may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If I use ME-based providers that are part of EU-ME Privacy Shield, I may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
of the above safeguards is available, I may request your explicit consent to
the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any
put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being
accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation.
I also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners
who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your
personal data on my instructions and they must keep it confidential.
procedures in place to deal with any unexpected personal data breach and will
notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if I are legally required
only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I
collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal,
accounting, or reporting requirements.
deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for, I look at its amount,
nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or
disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means
and legal requirements.
purposes the law requires me to keep basic information about my customers
(including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years
after they stop being customers.
circumstances I may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical
purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further
notice to you.
data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that
include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction,
transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful
ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
see more about these rights at:
wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at email@example.com
not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the
other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is
clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your
request in these circumstances.
need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity
and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your
other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not
disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you
to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up my
I try to
respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me
longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a
number of requests. In this case, I will notify you.
are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the
right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK
supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
I should be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint
so that I can try to resolve it for you.
may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking
on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect
or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and are
not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I encourage
you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.