In the many years I’ve been helping people, I’ve seen that one of the most common causes of unhappiness is the overwhelming need to please others. This is something that often starts in our earliest years, when we have a deep desire to be accepted and to gain the approval of those who care for us.
But as adults it’s hard to be happy when we’re so focused on others’ acceptance and approval. People Pleasing strips our confidence and make relationships much harder than they need be.
It’s my greatest thrill to help people overcome this and see them transform their lives—that’s why I’ve put together this online course on just this topic!
Here are some of the things people say:
- “I want to be able to Say No instead of always saying Yes!”
- “Whenever I try to set boundaries, I end up falling back into old patterns”
- “I wish I could find the balance between putting my own needs first and being kind to others”
- “I get tongue tied, I need some tips on communicating my needs clearly”
- “I never have enough time for myself because I keep giving it away to others, then I feel resentful”
- “I just want to be assertive without feeling guilty about it”