People often associate trauma with the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD experienced by those who have very intense experiences in extreme conditions such as war zones. Whilst this is quite true, many people can experience trauma in every day life – and can be carrying trauma from long ago events.
Psychologists now describe Big Traumas and Small Traumas. Big Traumas are dramatic events such as such as a physical attack, child abuse, or a car accident.
Small Traumas can be an event in childhood which leaves an emotional impact such as being left out of a group at school, shouted at by a teacher etc.
Some of the symptoms of this are
- Feeling intense unexplained fear in certain situations.
- Finding it hard to connect and trust in relationships
- Re-experiencing the trauma through intrusive memories of past events, flashbacks, and nightmares.
- Feeling emotionally disconnected or numb – avoiding situations that are reminders of the trauma.
- Difficulty sleeping and concentrating, feeling anxious, and being quick to irritation and anger.
I use a number of methods to help my clients overcome PTSD. Two of the most powerful of these, are Emotional Freedom Techniques EFT and Matrix Reimprinting. These are highly effective methods which help to access the subconsious and clear the emotional trauma from past events.
How to get in touch with me
I offer face-to-face counselling and therapy sessions in Mijas Costa, Malaga
I also offer online sessions across the Costa del Sol and worldwide via Skype or Zoom
To get in touch, give me a call on either
+34 602 489 656
+44 7429 440968
or fill out the form below. I look forward to hearing from you, and helping you.